Thursday, August 28, 2008

T... is for Termination

We all know the routine, you go to work you get paid; but what you dont know is why you got fired. Well I am here to tell your stupid ass a few things to watch out for.

People do some stupid stuff that gets them fired like, not coming to work, stealing, taking too long a break, cussing out your boss, you know stupid shit. So as a person who has fired many people I am going to get real with you on Termination Thursday.

Top 10 Ways to know you might get fired:

10 - You the only one in the office that punches a clock.

9 - Your job routinely involves someone asking you “can you please go get me a…”

8 - You routinely tell your friends “Fuck that job! I can get another one…”

7 - You think they REALLY need you but you went on vacation for 3 weeks, you came back and the shit was better

6 - They hire you an assistant to train but you are never busy

5 - You have been there a year and you are still a temp

4 - You are the only one in the office who’s school initials end in “-CC”

3 - You are late to work, EVERYDAY!

2 - Your school has a commercial that comes on during Judge Mathis

1 - You work in a position where you refer to your boss as “Mr./Mrs. ‘First name’…” (i.e this is my boss Miss Kathy)

Stupid people get fired, smart people get LAID OFF. Only one can you control. See I have been known to fire a bitch while I was on vacation because I am not your friend, I am your employer or an agent thereof. So in business it is a little different than that other shit, it is like … uh we work together you are not my friend... I don’t want to see your alien looking kids or hear your problems because I will tell everyone I know. I don’t mix friends and work just like I don’t mix my food when I eat, each is separate.

One way to tell you may be the one on the chopping block is spotting easy shit like this:

Worker 1: “Hey Buddy, what do you have going on this weekend?”

Worker 2: “ Oh not much just going to the beach, chores, doing some work; you?”

Worker 1: “Oh you are not going to the company party?”

Worker 2: “…..(PAUSE) what party?”

When you start not knowing office shit, start knowing a recruiter; because your days are numbered.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I log into this one particular system at work, it asks me, "Are you still an Executive Team Leader?" I always think to myself, "I hope so."