Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Intern list....

While I do not have my own intern (I am a bit high maintenance at work), I make ready use of the "office" intern, which is essentially the one intern we took who we then realized has only mild cognitive ability but is really good at filing. People have made it a point to give him some "work" so that he feels needed, not me. None of you have ever seen me in the office, but I am a machine. I turn into a winner-take-all rabid dog. I take no mess, from no kinda man. Ask anyone who has ever worked with or for me. People who have visited me while I am working have found themselves the victim of a personality split that rivals Anne Heche.


So, back to the intern that should really live next door to me (inside joke). He really wants to be cool. REALLY, wants to be cool. In a effort to be cool, he asked me where I shopped .... my response? "A place that sells pants that touch my shoes." He is so smart he did not get it. Needless to say I dont give him real work, so he shadows this other 'tard in the office that wears flip flops EVERYDAY. (brb) --- Yep, he has them on right now ... and it is a balmy 42 degrees outside. I am waiting for the day he comes in and his toes are black from frost bite. I mean really, SNOW on the ground, NY Giants flip flops....torrential rains, NY Giants flip flops ... just odd. Again, back to the intern. Sorry, unlike Fox News I need to give context. The rule in my office is if my door is closed, or I dont look up I #1 am busy, #2 dont want to be bothered, #3 just dont like you. With respect to the intern or flip flop I do not allow either of them in my office, they are allowed to the doorway only. There have been more than one occassion where I have not looked up or better even gotten up and shut the door as they looked on wide-eyed.

I found out today that the "office intern" is assingned to me for today and tomorrow. When I am cajoled into working with someone like this kid, I become very Devil Wears Prada (imagine that). So I gave him this list for me today.

Office Intern (name hidden to protect the guilty) To Do List:
  • Research the Mini Cooper Clubman S and provide me with a list of differences from my old Cooper S
  • File 07 client financials (as close to real work as he gets with me)
  • Schedule travel for this week and next (see calendar)
  • Send flowers for the new baby
  • Find me a copy of Smash Bros for Wii (impossible)
  • Find another Guitar Hero Controller for Wii (even more impossible)

When you are done with this, send an email to Kate. No need to come see me, Kate has the rest of your work.

Thanks,

+kw

-- and he makes about 70k (calendarized, if that is not some bullshit!!)

No comments: